Toes and Herbs and Summer Tunes
June 21st, 2012
Our summer of bliss rolls on. Here’s what I’m loving this week:
1) Cooking with fresh basil from my garden. So far I’ve made tomato basil flat bread, basil chicken with coconut milk, and a Mediterranean tuna bean salad (with fresh basil, of course).
2) My daughter’s pinkly-painted toenails. I want to kiss them. I resist, lest my husband never kiss me again.
3) The ridiculous assortment of genres and eras that makes up the public swimming pool soundtrack.
4) Cheap gas — $3.19 a gallon around these parts.
5) Making a new friend…and discovering that we have at least half a dozen shared acquaintances back in Pittsburgh!