Rib Eyes and Rain Storms
July 22nd, 2012
Um, don’t hate me, but summer is almost over.
No, I’m serious. Schools around here will be back in session on or around August 1st. Miss Mouse starts at her new “big girl” (aka Montessori) school on the 15th of August. Egad.
But that’s a freak out for another day. At the moment, we’re still living it up in an endless summer. Five things I’m loving this week:
1) Rib eye sandwiches with grilled onions.
2) Puzzles on the porch with Miss Mouse.
3) Grandpa Larry coming to town! We’ve made a lot of memories this trip — my kids adore their great-grandpa and I adore watching them adore him.
4) Watching a massive storm roll into town from the (relative) safety of the front porch.
5) Bubbles in the backyard. I’m 30 and I think they’re magic. I can only imagine how my kids must see them.