That Time Elvis Came to Walmart
August 7th, 2012
Hands down, the best thing I’ve seen this week is our church youth group performing a dance routine to Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” pop hit. Seriously. It was part of our Rally Day Sunday where we kick off the fall year of Sunday school. My kiddos (even Buggie) performed “Peace Like a River” complete with hand-jive, but the older kids stole the show. While perhaps not a traditional church tune, it was definitely well received.
Here’s a few other things I’m loving this week:
1) The Elvis impersonator (resplendent in his sparkly blue leisure suit) serenading us outside the local Walmart.
2) Dining al fresco on burgers and brats cooked on our awesome new grill. (Thanks, mom and dad!)
3) Sweet corn at last! Sweet corn at last! Thank God Almighty, sweet corn at last!
4) Celebrating six years of wedded bliss and looking forward to many more to come.
5) Dropping dinner preparations and herding the whole family outside to admire the baby raccoon ambling around next door.
Hope your week is full of smiles!