Juggling Cupcakes and Vultures
February 16th, 2013
Some days, I feel like we’re taking the half the house with us when we walk out the door for school.
Valentine’s Day was one of those days. Two kids in two schools meant a whole lotta baggage marching out the door with us. Here’s the rundown:
- Hats for each
- Gloves for each
- Buggie’s bag of valentines
- Two boxes of cupcakes for Buggie’s V-Day school party
- Miss Mouse’s bag of valentines for her Montessori class
- Miss Mouse’s bag of valentines for her “daycare” class teachers
- Miss Mouse’s stuffed frog – her nap time companion
- A bag of quarters for Mouse school fundraiser
- A bag of items that all began with the letter “v” (including velvet, a vulture and a picture of a vase)
That’s a lot of gear for two small people! But, honestly, I love it. I enjoy the multi-tasking and sense that I”m involved in their school projects and activities. We had a great time making the valentines and lots of fun rounding up V sounds for Miss Mouse’s class (an activity that happens each week with different sounds).
When I’m really on my game, I load the car with the random extras the night before so as not to forget them, but that definitely doesn’t happen all the time! On the other hand, I’ve only had to turn around halfway to school once to retrieve a forgotten item, so we’re doing pretty well.
Talk to me again in two years when we’ve got three kids to juggle and an ever-increasing list of activities!